“Cynical people have a higher risk of heart disease, and they may also be more likely to develop dementia, a new study finds.”
“It’s not clear why, but cynical people might have higher levels of inflammation — a known risk for many diseases — or perhaps different levels of stress-related hormones, the researchers say.
The findings, which the researchers caution are limited and must be replicated before people really can believe them, suggest a new route for helping prevent dementia — via counseling or therapy.”
“Here’s the Cynical Distrust Scale test. Score 3 points if you completely agree with a statement, 2 points if you somewhat agree, 1 point if you somewhat agree and 0 points if you completely disagree. The higher the score, the more cynical your personality.
- I think most people would lie to get ahead.
- Most people are honest chiefly through fear of being caught.
- Most people will use somewhat unfair reasons to gain profit or an advantage rather than lose it.
- I commonly wonder what hidden reasons another person may have for doing something nice to me.
- No one cares much what happens to you.
- It is safer to trust nobody.
- Most people make friends because friends are likely to be useful to them.
- Most people inwardly dislike putting themselves out to help other people.”
Could it be that “cynical” people are just more aware of the lies and the stupidity of life around them????? ;+)
It is definitely true that life is really very “inflammatory” these days………;+)
But I disagree on the cure. ;+)
You cannot “sugarcoat” your present life stupidity–via counseling or therapy……..;+)
Only changing it will do…….;+)
I scored 24 out of 24 on the Cynical Distrust Scale Test.
As a “Curmudgeon”, now, thankfully, I know why I had high blood pressure, a heart attack and will probably die soon, hopefully before dementia………;+)